Welcome to the Respect Life Ministry for St Ann parish. On the top, please see archived email blasts, sign up, and links to pro-life organizations and information.
- Charlotte March for Life is Friday, January 15 (note: new date!) Schedule for the day will be: Mass at 9am at St Vincent. 12pm (gather 11:30) begin at Diocesan Center.
- Raleigh March for Life is set for Saturday January 16 at 1-4pm. (12:45-concert).
- Forth Saturday Mass at St Ann for Our Lady’s Respect Life Intentions will be January 23 at 8am. Holy Hour of Reparation will follow in Church, and Father will lead prayer at the Planned Parenthood.
- Washington DC March for Life: Friday, Jan 29, 2021
Spiritual Adoption of the Abortion Vulnerable
On the first Sunday of October, Respect Life Sunday, we started a parish-wide Spiritual Adoption of the Abortion Vulnerable program at our parish. Based on the theme of “Pray, Act, Give”, daily opportunities for prayer and monthly opportunities to act and give will be suggested.
For January, “GIVE” is to the work of Good Counsel Homes for homeless mothers.
The suggested “ACT” is to attend a March for Life — see schedule above.
During this prayer campaign from October 2020 – July 2021, we invite you to PRAY – GIVE – ACT for the abortion vulnerable, offering your spiritual sacrifice to God for the salvation of souls. Here’s how it works:
1. PRAY daily with the provided prayer card, especially with your children. This prayer was specifically chosen to be appropriate even for young children to pray for the respect life cause.
PRAY monthly at Mass for Our Lady’s Respect Life Intentions on 4th Saturday mornings.
2. GIVE monthly to the respect life organizations suggested, which have been approved by Fr Reid. These organizations will also be recipients of our parish tithing.
3. ACT regularly with suggestions which will change monthly, usually coinciding with the organization featured that month.
Details for GIVE and ACT items in this campaign will be listed in:
- the parish bulletin & communications
- respect life email list. Please use form to the right to be added to the respect life email list.
- right here on the St Ann Respect Life blog respectlifestanncharlotte.wordpress.com
Inside the packet, you will also find a special gift and resource brochures to help you share the message of respect life. Posters will be up in the narthex on the first weekend of each month featuring the growth of an unborn baby throughout this campaign.
Let us pray!